Job Title: EF&I Technician
Reports to: Project Manager
Base Location: Denver, CO
Starting Pay Rate: Competitive Pay Rate based on experience
Summary: We are seeking experience EF&I Technician positions for our team! Individuals must have a strong work ethic and a desire meet a minimum requirements listed below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
EF&I Technician: The ideal candidate has working experience with Ericsson equipment installation and integration. General understanding of Ericsson system and network protocols, configurations, and operations, and can demonstrate experience completing complex core and network infrastructure projects. Experience providing Ericsson systems Level II and III support is a plus. The ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly triage and resolve customer issues is required. Installs, maintains, integrate, commission and repairs radio access nodes, core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks. Interacts with other technicians and customer’s technical staff. Integration, commissioning and troubleshoots Ericsson RBS / BTS. Understands and implements RAN, RF and Transmission designs and operations. This position reports to the Network Operations Manager. Candidate will assist and support in the effort to integrate and commissioning new cell site. The EF&I Technician is responsible for verification of the cell site configuration, activation and testing equipment in client’s wireless network. This position is an integral part of the new build team and works closely with planning team to ensure that installs/upgrades sites are installed and activated, optimized and tested to client’s specific implementation plan. The EF&I Technician will also work closely with divisional resources to integrate &/or commission newly installed/upgraded equipment into wireless and fixed networks without customer service interruption. Capable to verify and inspect all components of a new site (new build) construction. Work with Network Planning team to understand/provide input required to oversee full cycle of new site deployment, quality inspect and integration. Ensure completion and timely submission of COPs (Closeouts Packages). Knowledgeable to verify all aspects of wireless network system components including RRU. RBS, MU, SAID, switches, cabling, power equipment. Coordinate and complete final new site field inspection and provide full report / closeouts documents. Ensure a safe working environment are in accordance with OSHA standards; work with local management and staff to identify and correct unsafe conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology preferred
- Ericsson UMTS / LTE RBS integrator certified
- Ericsson BTS Certifications
- Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products
- A demonstrated understanding of multiple client network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure
- Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Ericsson RBS Element Manager (EMAS)
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network A&L system
- Must be capable of working both indoors and outdoors, and may require working in direct sunlight daily for up to 10 hours
- Site Master, PIM &/or Fiber testing certified
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 50+ lbs
- Valid driver’s license and be able to pass a driving record check
- Candidate must be able to pass a background and drug test
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Ready to Apply?
If you feel you are qualified and are ready to join our team, please click the link below. You will be taken to our application service where you will first need to enter your name and email address to "Sign Document".