Job Title: DAS Technician / Integrator
Reports to: Project Manager
Base Location: Sarasota, Florida 34240
Starting Pay Rate: Competitive Pay Rate based on experience
Job Posting Date: 05/04/2016
Summary: We are seeking experience DAS Technician / Integrator positions for our team! Individuals must have a strong work ethic and a desire meet a minimum requirements listed below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a hands on role implementing wireless infrastructure for Distributed Antenna Systems, Small Cell networks, WLAN net-works and other technologies. The successful candidate will show the capacity to both work independently, as well as serve as a coach and mentor to other team members. Quality execution in this current role, as well as the capacity to grow with the company and take on increasing levels of responsibility are both valued in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installation, termination and troubleshooting of coaxial cable, indoor antenna systems
- Installation and troubleshooting of fiber cable
- Detailed communication and documentation to team members for project status and testing results
- Proven experience leading large projects and crews
- Quality Control – Maintaining NEW-TECH’s Quality standards
- Fiber and coax cable testing– including OTDR, Cable Sweeps, VSRW, DTF, Return Loss, etc.
- Ensuring NEW-TECH’s Safety Management policies are rigorously implemented and adhered to
- Installation and troubleshooting of low voltage electrical systems
- Wireless data collection using PC based data collection software
- Maintain and manage an inventory of company assets used in the implementation of Wireless networks
- Coaching and mentoring other team mates in installation best practices and techniques
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology preferred
- 4+ years in a hands on capacity implementing Wireless Systems including fiber, coax and CAT5 cabling
- Fiber optic training from one of the major fiber optic equipment manufacturers
- Fusion splicing experience
- Knowledge of Communication protocols including TCP/IP, Packet Data etc.
- Experience using Wireless data collection software
- Experiencing performing OTDR measurements for fiber cable
- Experience preparing technical reports with fiber, coax and/or wireless test data
- Experience with Wireless Carrier installation standards
- Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products
- Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking
- Strong customer support focus
- Fiber and coax installation, testing and troubleshooting experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral, MS Office proficiency
- Basic Radio knowledge including wireless frequency bands, power measurements and wireless protocols (CDMA, UMTS, LTE, GSM, WLAN, etc.)
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network A&L system
- Up to 70% Travel required, mostly within region (Southeast and BAWA Region)
- Site Master, PIM &/or Fiber testing certified
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 50+ lbs
- Valid driver’s license and be able to pass a driving record check
- Candidate must have a clean driving record, be drug free and be able to pass a security background check
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Ready to Apply?
If you feel you are qualified and are ready to join our team, please click the link below. You will be taken to our application service where you will first need to enter your name and email address to "Sign Document".